Saturday, October 13, 2012

Badrick Barlow: Medieval Physician

Badrick Barlow: Medieval Physician
(A medieval field. Two peasants pitch hay. Peasant 2 keeps sneezing.)

Peasant 1: You sound like you're coming down with something.

Peasant 2: No. It's just an allergy.

Peasant 1: It better be. I just got over the plague and the last thing I need is a cold.

(They return to their work. After a few moments, Peasant 2 leans over and vomits.)

Peasant 1: Are you sure you're not ill?

Peasant 2: Yes, I'm fine. Just a bit hung over.

Peasant 1: You don't need to be at work if you're sick, you know.

Peasant 1: I'll be fine. Let's get this done.

(They return to their work. Shortly, Peasant 2 cries out and collapses.)

Peasant 1: That does it! You're sick. I'm calling Doctor Barlow.

Peasant 2: No!

(Enter Doctor Barlow in a white bloodstained tunic. He is accompanied by stretcher bearers.)

Barlow: You called?

Peasant 1: This man is sick.

Barlow: Well then, we'll just have to operate on him.

Peasant 2: NO! PLEASE!

(They carry the sick peasant off against his will.)

(The next week. Head shots of the peasants at work.)

Peasant 1: Feeling better?

(Pan out to show Peasant 2's amputated arm.)

Peasant 2: I sure do. The pain in my shoulder helps me forget all about the pain in my sinuses. And I owe it all to (turning to camera) Badrick Barlow: Medieval Physician.
  
More Scripts Statements Songs
© 2007, 2012. Scripts by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment