Monday, December 17, 2012

Ears Wide Open

Ears Wide Open
(A bar. A melancholy man is approached by a kindly stranger.)

Stranger: You look like you could use some company. Can I pull up a chair?

Man: If you want.

Stranger: (Seating himself) Why the long face?

Man: It's my girlfriend.

Stranger: Breakup?

Man: No. She wants to get back together.

Stranger: I don't understand.

Man: It's not the first time. Each time it leaves me with a deeper scar.

Stranger: Is that all? Check this out. (He unbuttons his shirt, exposing a hideously scarred chest.)

Man: Wow! What happened?

Stranger: I wasn't feeling right and my doctor had to cut me open from top to bottom.

Man: What was the problem? Heart trouble?

Stranger: No. Constipation. But that's not important. The important thing is that he patched me up good as new. Understand?

Man: (Cheering up) Yeah. Thanks. That really helps.

Stranger: My pleasure. (He takes a drink and gags as fluid gushes out of his ears, but recovers with a smile.)
  
More Scripts Statements Songs
© 2007, 2012. Scripts by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment